Green SKILLcard - Mate

What is a Green (Mate) SKILLcard?

The Green SKILLcard is intended for those who perform basic HVACR work. Such labourers would typically work under supervision.

A Green SKILLcard grants access to carded areas of a worksite to these labourers, and shows that they have at least the minimum health and safety training and site skills work safely and effectively.

The card is suitable for;

  • Domestic Heating Fitter’s Mate/Assistant

  • H&V Craftsman’s Mate/Assistant

  • Plumber’s Mate/Assistant

  • Refrigeration/Air Conditioning Technician’s/Engineer’s Mate/Assistant

  • Service and Maintenance Assistant

What qualifications will I need?

To gain a Green SKILLcard certification, you’ll need to have already passed one of several approved health and safety tests. The Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment test is the one most applicants take, but there are other, more job-specific tests which qualify, including:

  • The HVACR Pipefitting and Welding test

  • The HVACR Ductwork test

  • The HVACR Refrigeration and Air Conditioning test

  • The HVACR Domestic Heating and Plumbing Services test

  • The HVACR Plumbing – Industrial and Commercial test

  • The HVACR Service and Facilities test

How long is the certification valid?

The Green (Mate) SKILLcard is valid for five years and can be renewed.

What is the next step?

Those labourers who wish to advance their careers might wish to seek further certification to qualify for a Blue Skillcards, either the Experienced Worker, or ACRIB/Refrigeration/Air Conditioning cards.

Last updated: Monday 12 February 2018 09:22:22

Get your SKILLcard today