Red CSCS Card - Experienced Worker

Why get a CSCS card?

If you have at least one year’s experience of working on a construction site, but hold no industry-recognised qualifications, this temporary card will make it easier to show prospective employers you can perform skilled tasks.

Once you have registered for a relevant SVQ or NVQ you can apply for the Experienced Worker Card, which will prove that you are taking steps towards gaining a recognised construction qualification. Once you have successfully completed your industry-recognised qualification you will be able to apply for a blue or gold skilled worker card, which is valid for five years.

Do I qualify?

Applicants must be able to provide proof of registration onto their qualification. As a minimum, you are required to provide evidence from your training provider’s awarding organisation that includes:

  • Applicants Name
  • Full qualification title and level of the course you are registered to
  • Date of registration (must be in the last 2 years)

How long is it valid for?

This card is valid for one year and can be extended for six months, after this it cannot be renewed.

When can I apply for a this CSCS Card?

Once you have passed your CSCS Health, Safety & Environment Test and have proof that you have enrolled on a relevant NVQ or SVQ course.

What is the next step?

Apply for a Blue (Skilled Worker) or Gold CSCS card, which is valid for five years.

Last updated: Monday 12 February 2018 09:22:20

Get your CSCS card today